Hi, Are you able to email us the original .aeon2 file to email@example.com ? This will help us get to the bottom of the problem for you. Jess
I believe I can yes. I’ll email it tomorrow morning when I get to the office.
I sent the file in this morning. Hopefully, it's something simple and you guys can help me get back up and running. Thanks!
I'm having a similar problem. I updated to 2.3.8. The program converted my file and created a backup. Now when I go to open that file, I get a "could not interpret json file correctly" error and have to go to the backup, which then has the same problem when I savre it and go to open it again. Am I doing something wrong?
wdutton - it turned out my issue was caused by the fact that I had created an Entity Type in my timeline but had failed to give it a role. There is a way to makes some changes to the XML to fix that, or I'm willing to bet I could open the original file to convert, add a role to the entity, and then save it as a new file and it would work. I haven't tried that yet but it seems like it would work. As for the Json file issue, that sounds to me like a slightly different problem than what I was having. I'm wondering though if it acted like mine did where on the initial conversion you are actually in the file and can change or add things. If it did, you might be able to fix whatever is causing the issue, when you initially convert it and before saving and closing. Unfortunately, I don't know what could be linked to or could be causing that problem in the json, but I'm willing to bet that it probably has a similar fix to my issue.
Hi wdutton, Sorry to hear you are having difficulties with the file conversion. As mikfento mentioned, we were able to resolve the issue with his file quite quickly and send him back a fixed version, and have also fixed that up for our next release so that no one else will experience the exact same issue. It sounds like your issue may be somewhat different to that. If you are able to email your files to firstname.lastname@example.org we can take a look at it for you to work out what is going on. We will hopefully be able to send you back a file that won't have this issue, but it will also allow us to fix the issue in a subsequent release so that no one else will encounter the same issue. Ideally, it would be good if you could send both the original "aeon2" file, and the upgraded "aeonzip" file, but the original file is probably the most important as it is the one we will find easiest to fix for you. Obviously, anything you send to us will be treated confidentially. Thanks, Matt
Will do. Thanks, Matt!
And thank you mikfento, for your input!
You are welcome. This is one of the best communities I’ve ever been a part of. Matt is Ana,axing and hard working individual!